Dirty Shiny Pretty

Musings on Dirty Shiny Pretty Life

Mar 1, 2011

My Favorite Oscar dresses

Like many people I love Hollywood award season fashion. I use to watch the shows just to see what everyone wore, now, thanks to the internet, I don't even have to do that. I can see every single gown, tux, suit, bodysuit with the stroke of a few keys. What a luxury it is to live in the 21st century! Don't get me wrong though, I still enjoy catching snippets of the coverage because photos don't move and sway the way Anne did when she shook her sh** in her fringe covered gown sending the fringe rippling off her body. The five year old in me immediately wished that I could be doing the same thing. Anyway, here are my favorite looks.


Jennifer Lawerence
This dress is incredibly sexy and uncomplicated. I immediately thought "Baywatch" because of the color and neckline which is not a bad thing because Baywatch lifeguards were hot and so is Jennifer.

Cate Blanchett
On the opposite end of the spectrum is Ms. Blanchett's incredibly detailed Givenchy gown. This one grew on me *barnacle pun intended;) The dress might not tickle everyone's fancy but the amazing detailing and craftsmanship cannot be denied.

Mila Kunis
Mila's dress is almost too much for my taste. Lace, fabric tails spouting from your stomach, and lilac have never been favorites of mine but I do love pretty things and this gown is very pretty.

Gwyneth Paltrow
I didn't see this look on TV. I only caught her "County Superstar" performance. Did anyone else laugh at J.Hud's inflated intro? Just me? Alright then...Let me just say I love this dress 100x more than her performance. It looks like liquid metal (it's actually a lot of silver sequins which I learned today thanks to the internet). It's shininess and fluidity are hypnotic. I want to both stare at it and pet it.

photos from Refinery29

No comments:

Post a Comment