*Make sure to check out the contest at FiberOne.com!
Wouldn't Mandy look great with this?
-hard sunglasses case (the larger the better)
-Mod Podge and spray adhesive if you want a quicker dry when laying your paper
-1 piece pretty paper (mine is scrapbooking paper)
-E6000 glue (a DIYer must have)
-A flat-back piece of hardware (I used a jewelry finding I had in my collection, originally its from Michaels)
-Approx. 6" Chain (if you don't have large link chain you can link smaller strands together for greater visual impact)
-Toothpicks and pen/pencil
1. Mod Podge paper to case. I cut my paper in half and then lined up one edge to the hinged edge of the case. Lay case flat. You will work on one side at a time. Spray the glue or paint the MP onto the hinged edge and top of case. Lay paper down flat on theses areas. Wait to dry.
2. Spray or MP one corner of case and carefully work paper onto surface. You will have to fold or crumple paper to shape it. Let dry. Repeat on other corner.
3. Trim off excess paper.
4. Mod Podge papered area. Be sure to get under the edges so they don't flip up. Let dry.
5. Flip case over and repeat steps 1-4.
|Mod Podge a DIYer's good friend|
6. After case is dry you can add the hardware. To create a fake clasp like mine center your hardware at the case opening so that if will fit across both sides. Mark the spot on one side. Open the case up. Using a toothpick spread some glue onto the marked area, going to the lip of the case. Quickly, place your hardware (just half of it) on the glued area and hold till dry.
7. With pen/pencil lightly mark the spots where your chain will attach the the case. Using a toothpick dab glue on one of the markings then press chain into glue. While holding the chain in place put more glue on the toothpick and spread it around the edges of the chain to create a nice seal. When that end is attached repeat at the other end.
Let dry and Viola! You have a chic new Snackcessory.
|All you need for a night out|
Now I want to see yours. Leave me a link in the comments and don't forget to go to FiberOne.com to enter your own Snackcessory for the chance to win a trip to Mercedes-Benz NY Fashion Week Feb. '13 for you and a guest!