Dirty Shiny Pretty

Musings on Dirty Shiny Pretty Life

Mar 30, 2011

DIY Skull Fringe Earrings

Iosselliani Long Fringe Skull Earrings $198.  Sold out at most online retailers
I first spotted these amazing Iosselliani earrings in a Refinery29 post. I knew immediately I had to make them. Several months ago I bought two small skull charms. 
Hola chicas bonitas!
Try as I might I just couldn't find a satisfactory way to incorporate them into a piece of jewelry. I even tried chain earrings, but didn't care for outcome. Little did I know it was because I was missing a large gem between the chain and the skull. Seriously, this makes all the difference. This DIY was super simple, quick, and cheap as I already had all the necessary pieces, minus the black chain. Since I used what I had my version is a little different. The stones are purple faceted oval cabs in brass oval settings, my tassels are shorter, and my chains don't have the ombre effect. I originally tried to create the look with spray paint but the paint wouldn't hold to the chain. Bust! For only spending $1 though I'm very happy with the outcome. 
Finished earrings
He's finally found a place to rest

4 comments:

  1. Nice work! BTW, enjoyed your comment about skirt length!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! They were fun to make.

    *Your blog is one of my daily must reads. I love all the mini history and pop culture lessons you include in your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! Those earrings are so cool, they are definitely my taste, they are as edgy as they are lovely!

    Cess O. <3
    The Outfit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  4. Got a question for you and am not finding your email. Can you email me? wbjewelry at hotmail dot com.

    ReplyDelete