Dirty Shiny Pretty

Musings on Dirty Shiny Pretty Life

Feb 23, 2011

Chicken with Boursin Mushroom Sauce

I recently stumbled across the blog Baked Bree, spied her chocolate peanut butter pie, and knew I was in serious trouble. I quickly decided that I wanted to eat whatever she was making because it all looked delicious. Lucky for me computer images are inedible, otherwise I would currently be in the hospital with a food coma. I really want to make her signature choc. pb pie but my waistline and my heart are begging me to reconsider.
While busy arguing with them over my food needs I was able to test out her Chicken w/ Boursin Mushroom Sauce for tonight's dinner. Success! It was quick, easy, and delicious and I will definitely be making it again, with a few minor tweaks.

Tell me if you've tried this before/what you think?

My Tips
-Cook chicken for less time. Mine got a little dry by the time I added the sauce. I should have been paying closer attention to how quickly it was cooking.

-Don't reduce the wine so much. The best part of this is the sauce so why reduce it to so little?

-Substitute cheese brands. While I used Boursin cheese I'm pretty sure you could just any soft garlic and herb cheese

-Feel free to add more. I added more mushrooms and cheese than what the recipe called for. The original amounts looked sparse to me so I just added more. Still, looking at Baked Bree's photos it looks like she has more cheese and mushrooms in than I did.



No comments:

Post a Comment