Dirty Shiny Pretty

Musings on Dirty Shiny Pretty Life

Sep 30, 2012

Thrift Store Rework: Old Dress= New Top



        + scissors+sewing machine =












I found this dress, with tags still attached, at my local Salvation Army thrift store. Being a sucker for a classic print, black and cream, and a great bargain I scooped it up for $5. While the dress fits I knew I would never wear it as is. Shoulder pads, lining with no give, and the hem length are just not a good combo on a shorter curvy girl. Instead, I decided that the dress would have a fabulous second life as a peplum top (I know peplums are starting to be an old trend but I don't care I think they are fun). With the leftover skirt material serving as the peplum all I had to do was make a few cuts, folds, and stitches to turn this frumpy dress into a flirty top.  My sewing skills are pretty rusty when it comes to clothing so I'm super proud of myself for being able to pull this off. Have you ever reworked/repurposed clothing? How did it turn out?



No comments:

Post a Comment