Dirty Shiny Pretty

Musings on Dirty Shiny Pretty Life

Mar 22, 2011

Jewelry for Metal Mulisha


Unless you have read my old posts you probably don't know that I have a tiny side business making jewelry, especially since I basically put it on hiatus to deal with other life issues. Anyway, I have always been drawn to artistic pursuits and projects and stumbled into jewelry making about two years ago when I was searching for a creative birthday present for my sister. I immediately took to it and started making pieces for family and friends, even setting up a shop on Etsy (currently down but will be up with new pieces in about a week). Around a year and a half ago a friend/former co-worker and currently one of my best clients, asked me if I would create some pieces for a photo shoot for Metal Mulisha's* Winter '10 lookbook. I giddily agreed and ended up creating several custom pieces. I received the catalogue a year ago ago, set about writing this post to show the pieces, had trouble loading the pics, and then promptly forgot about it. I just came across it again and decide better late than never so I'm posting it now in honor of me getting my butt back to business and in anticipation of relaunching my Etsy store.

*Metal Mulisha is one of the brands I used to work for when I was in the Action Sports Industry. If you watch the X Games, FMX specifically, at all you probably are familiar with the brand.
A Few of the pieces I made as featured in the MM Holiday Lookbook
Bow Tie Necklace


Handcuff Mixed Metal Necklace

Gothic Cross Twisted Choker

*Sorry for all boob shots. It couldn't be helped

No comments:

Post a Comment