Dirty Shiny Pretty

Musings on Dirty Shiny Pretty Life

Dec 26, 2009

Christmas Hangover

What is this you ask? Why it's the baby rhino sculpture my dad gave me for Christmas. You mean you didn't get one? Weird, I thought they were the hot item for '09. Don't worry, as far as I know it's not possessed and has no plans of killing me in my sleep, but I'm definitely watching my back for the next few days. If he checks out I'll be happy, because I secretly love him and love that my dad would look at him and think "That's perfect for Jac."
So Christmas '09 has officially come and gone and I am still standing. This is quite an accomplishment when you are recovering from a cold, have a Christmas Crazy five year old with a drippy nose, and dozens of friends and family members wanting to spoil her rotten. Let's just say the house looks like a Toyland war zone right now. We're currently awaiting relief aid from the Salvation Army. I've just been too tired to actually work through the piles of old toys, books, and clothing she has accumulated and filter out what can be given away.
I thought I was going to do this today. Instead I got sucked into playing Barbies for another five hours. The drama in the house is unbelievable. Aladdin is trying to kill Jasmine's friend because he doesn't like her clothes, a depressed Snow White is moping on the coach because Prince Charming is overseas for Christmas, and both Barbies are making a play for Ken (ps B doesn't even own a boy doll so these guys are just imagined into the plot line) Seriously, Barbie's Dream House has more action going on then any daytime soap. These dolls have had more excitement in their lives in the last two days then most people experience in a lifetime.
Which is fine with me, but all the Dynasty drama has worn me out. Luckily, I managed to sneak a little nap in this afternoon by suggesting B play with her new Leapster while I rest on my bed. Thanks D for gifting this diversion, I would have ended up face down in Barbie's kitchen if I hadn't gotten to rest.
I hope you all had a happy and healthy Christmas spent enjoying time with your friends and family. I also hope you enjoyed the over abundance of food, booze, and sweets and that today was spent sleeping off that holiday hangover. Only two more months until stores start their Christmas attack again ;) so make sure you get lots of rest and exercise so you're better prepared to scale the dessert mountains that form in your office, arm wrestle a grandma for the last zhu-zhu pets, and resist the urge to go postal when you hear "Jingle Bell Rock" for the millionth time in September.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Jac

1 comment:

  1. That's the funniest thing I've ever read! You crack me up and it makes me proud to know that we are of the same blood. Wacky, dry since of humor - I've always loved that about you!

    ReplyDelete